Project Creation Workflow
- Adds a new InDesign Plugin for easy drag-and-drop of content out of MediaBeacon into InDesign.
- Reimagines the user interface for multi-page documents, streamlining the process for reviewing those types of assets into the new asset view.
- Improves video asset previews.
- Allows video assets to be played and show frames directly in the new asset view.
- Adds integration with Twitter and improved collection of metrics related to published assets.
- Project Creation Workflow
- Ensures the upload and paste methods of Bulk Select use the same logic and filtering options.
- Adds a feature which displays the currently open M3TAForm in asset view at the top when opening or after editing metadata.
- Adds feature to place the General tab under the image in asset view when the slider between the image and the metadata pop-out is as far left as it can go.
- Improves the display of the Discussion tab in Safari.
- Allows a user to play an audio file in asset view.
- Replaces the video frames asset badge and separate dialog with the "Video Summary" M3TAForm in asset view.
- Adds visual indication of which annotation text corresponds to the annotation box the mouse is hovering over.
- Smooths out the asset view tabs animations.
- Adds a skeleton screen when loading the contents of a M3TAForm in asset view.
- Replaces video asset previews with a single keyframe and introduces a feature that when a user hovers their mouse over these asset previews, more keyframes are displayed on a loop.
- Adds a feature to choose a specific keyframe to use as a preview for a video file.
- Adds full screen video playback feature to the landing page workspace.
- Adds button to video frames panel to promote one of the frames to the poster for the asset.
- Improves the SAML logout process.
- Allows the use of a properties file for SAML config instead of directly modifying the SAML security file.
- Adds a search box to filter saved searches within advanced search and the saved searches widget.
- Updates the setField REST API call to update multiple fields at once.
- Updates the Infinite Scroll loading animation.
- Updates the name of the Basket widget to Cart widget.
- Adds a "Download InDesign Plugin" option to the header manage menu.
- Improves the appearance of the view widget's paging toolbar.
- Adds the Cart widget by default to the Infinite Scroll, Standard and Editorial workspaces.
- Adds the appearance of a dummy workspace while MediaBeacon is loading.
Visual Workflow Editor
- Adds a feature to Visual Workflow Editor's Notification Node which substitutes an email address for a username when using smart name in the "to" field.
- Adds ability to publish assets to Twitter and retrieve metrics about them.
- YouTube and Twitter integrations are available in the Omni Channel Marketing ACL by default.
- Gives advanced notice if an asset can not be Tweeted due to file size or dimensions.
- Displays the thumbnail of the asset currently being Tweeted.
- Allows users to configure OAuth 2.0 data with the new workflow properties panel.
- Improves the distribution of licensed packages.
- Reports detailed metrics about the assets being used in social media.
- Disallows M4sterPlan folders from being copied.
- Fixes issue with deleting M4sterPlan folders not affecting remote drives.
- Fixes issues with both "Automatically synchronize the following metadata field with the dictionary" and "Perform a one-time import of the following metadata field into the dictionary" failing.
- Fixes problems with being unable to reopen the dictionary window without refreshing.
- Corrects problem with automated versioning failing.
- Fixes issue with export action progress bar percentages in the Notification Center.
- Solves issue with using the Text View Import dialog causing the alternate view widget buttons to disappear.
- Fixes Text View widget import function not displaying edited value indicators.
- Fixes problem with custom downloads set to no causing attempts to download videos with preset conversions failing.
- Fixes issue with XMP normalization during Quick Download.
- Solves problem with Loading Dock default download name setting not taking effect.
- Updates the default download name from mb_files to the more modern and readable MediaBeaconFiles.
- Corrects an issue that causes Quick Download to download a 0 byte file.
- Corrects problem with downloading an asset causing an unnecessary regeneration of its preview.
- Fixes issue with appending copyright to outgoing files dialog.
- Fixes the "Quick Download" preset conversion that caused the downloaded asset to retain its folder path.
- Solves issue with Action Security plugins blocking download, where a progress bar could be left in an unfinished state.
- Solves problem with displaying Japanese characters within an HTML widget when displaying in an iFrame.
- Fixes an issue with selecting type-ahead terms when editing Text View fields.
- Fixes issue with metadata edits preventing the display of Infinite Scroll widget asset pages.
- Fixes problem with mp3 assets losing all metadata after web-based playback.
- Fixes issue with the save and cancel buttons failing to be removed from the page when a M3TAForm tab is closed in asset view.
- Fixes issues with the slider in asset view between the M3TAForm pop-out and the image.
- Improves image annotation consistency in asset view.
- Solves issue with video annotations getting stuck in the annotation state.
- Improves the display of highlighted bundles.
- Improves the look of the Landing Page's Quick Search widget when using Safari.
- Adds correct formatting for numbers shown in the UI.
- Fixes the Directory widget overlapping the View widget when the enable horizontal scrollbar option is selected.
- Improves the display of the Navigation widget in Safari.
- Fixes missing icons related to sending email links.
- Corrects the Navigation widget's description within the Manage Workspace window.
- Fixes icons of file type png breaking when using SAML and Internet Explorer 11.
- Improves compatibility with Google Chrome version 56.
- Improves the display of pinpoint text in Firefox.
- Improves performance of Solr queries for facets on hierarchic data when dealing with a large number of assets.
- Prevents indexing the contents of XMP only files.
- Fixes a problem with File Action Queue becoming unresponsive due to import directory actions.
- Fixes local on demand asset feeds sending placeholders without their preview attached.
- Corrects the setting of system properties in catalina.properties when using SAML.
- Increments licensed user counts by two to account for root and no login user.
- Fixes the ability to edit a theme from a webhead.
- Solves an issue that prevents displaying the message "No linked assets found" inside of the Asset Links tab.
- Fixes issue with using advanced search on 'directory (Database)' field.
- Fixes orphaned entries left behind in Solr.
- Makes the 'Long Name' database field available to Advanced Search.
- Fixes the display of date entered fields shown as hierarchy in a Search Filter widget.
- Updates the GetApiKey REST call to make keys with a default expiration, a given expiration, or non-expiring keys.
- Fixes issue with REST upload workflow incrementing file names with spaces incorrectly.
- Solves error when using the SetField API call on a Force Dictionary validated CSV field.
- Corrects problem with MediaBeacon using older version of JavaMail.
- Fixes issue with the first call to ManagedFile.rawLength in a Workflow.
- Fixes issue with file names including the full upload path when using Internet Explorer 11.
- Solves problem with multiple drag-and-drop uploads causing files to be placed in incorrect folders.
- Fixes web based upload of multiple large batches failing to finish completely.
- Solves issue with Aspera folder download not working with non-index ACL.
- Vantage video thumbnails should no longer occasionally fail to be generated.
- Corrects issue with a non dynamic view asset get spinning icon for its preview.
- Corrects Video Playback widget failing to display video.
- Solves problem with fullscreen playback in Infinite Scroll view when using Safari.
Other Products and Integrations
Please contact your MediaBeacon representative for more information on the following products and integrations.
- MediaBeacon M4sterplan
- M4sterPlan is secure Enterprise File Sync and Share for distributed teams with advanced metrics and administration.
- 3D Viewer
- MediaBeacon’s 3D Viewer enables users to seamlessly interact with packaging models without the need to install software, plugins, or having to download the model. This feature works on standard browser technology and extends the experience of interactive 3D viewing to everyone.
- Vantage Integration
- Vantage is a transcoding engine from Telestream that MediaBeacon can leverage to support a wide array of broadcast-quality codecs and video formats.
- Aspera Integration
- Aspera is a high-speed transfer protocol that can send files 10x – 100x faster than FTP or HTTP.
- Tridion Integration
- MediaBeacon is integrated with the Tridion global web content management system.