- Released: 2019-09-27
- MediaBeacon Release Notes - 2019.2.pdf
MediaBeacon system requirements for 2019.2 are consistent with 2019.1, with the exception:
JRE 8u121 or greater is required.
See MediaBeacon 2019.1 System Requirements article.
Added Asset Subscriptions and the Notification Menu. This functionality allows a user to subscribe to an asset and receive real-time notifications in a bell icon in the menu bar when the asset is edited, deleted, or downloaded.
Added the ability to directly edit the value of any search criteria. This allows users to modify a current search without clearing and starting over.
Implemented a Mapped Metadata Write node in the Visual Workflow Editor so asset metadata values can be written dynamically based upon dictionary entries with synonyms, mapping value to value.
Implemented a Rename Asset node in the Visual Workflow Editor. Assets can be renamed with a static string or a smartname-based value.
Added the ability to rename assets in bulk through the Import/Export Wizard.
Increased SSO property configuration flexibility to allow compatibility with an increased range of identity provider solutions.
Implemented a feature to retain changes made to certain configuration files when performing a build upgrade:"mb_import_conf.xml.template", "favicon.ico", "saml-security", "auth-saml.xml".
- Added the ability to assign special metaforms to workspaces, including "Default Asset View Tabs" and "Required Metaforms for Upload."
- Added the ability to edit Contact Sheet presets.
- Added the ability for workflows to parse JSON data when initiated from a webhook POST event.
- Added custom translation files to the package downloaded via the "Download Configuration" button in the System Status dialog.
- Added the ability to view comments on versioned assets.
- Added the ability to export a list of Users, Groups, Fields, or Metaforms to a CSV file. This is limited to the columns of data displayed in each Admin Core workspace.
- Added the ability to edit Authorized External Application Addresses in the Server GUI Application when MediaBeacon is in a non-running state.
- Updated MediaBeacon to use mariadb version 2.4.2, allowing function with MySQL 5.7.
- Removed QuickTime as an installation requirement. Implemented a panel for setting up ffmpeg command line parameters. Added ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe as part of a standard MediaBeacon installation.
- Removed Flash as an installation dependency.
- Increased the speed for bulk importing metrics data into the system.
- Updated content pool configuration to be more user friendly in complex searches. The "Value" field now is multivalue.
- Added a multi-selection feature to the Infinite Scroll and Tile views. Shift-clicking a second asset now selects all assets between the first and second shift-clicked asset.
- Added a count indicator in the Asset Links metaform tab that allows a user to see how many links are present without the need to expand the tab.
- Added functionality so that users can select the "Create Folder" button in the Select Directory dialog during a move or copy action.
- Changed the validation of force dictionary field that use a workflow dictionary to be case-insensitive when matching. This allows data such as email addresses to match. For example, the input string
firstname.lastname@example.org now match
- Updated the Invitation User Summary dialog to display an Invitation Link and the Default Group.
- Improved download for instances of MediaBeacon that use a webhead. Increased the efficiency of file streaming from core to webhead so users' sessions can start downloading without waiting for the entire file to be transferred on the back end.
- Removed several deprecated data types used with a previous MSSQL database implementation that prevents future database issues on MSSQL upgrade.
- Added a feature to Admin Core's Edit dialogs that displays the name of the User, Group, Field, Metaform, or Loading Dock Type that is being edited.
- Implemented refinements to External Link functionality:
- The button to copy a new external link to the user's clipboard is now shown in the Notification Center.
- The number of assets and total file size are now shown in the "Agree & Download" button.
- The columns "Share Owner", "File Count, and "Total Size" added to the Eternal Links tab of the System Status dialog."
- Improved speed of Quick Search functionality.
- Improved styling of Metaform on Download dialogs to reduce empty whitespace.
- Updated the styling of unsaved changed values to fields in the List view. These are now displayed in blue text, rather than white text on a blue background.
- Implemented a new feature in the Notification node of the Visual Workflow Editor that allows assets to be attached in full to notification emails.
- Resolved an issue that could cause large-sized TIFF files to preview slowly or to fail previewing.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Infinite Scroll view to reset the user's position in the scroll when the list of assets changed.
- Resolved an issue that caused the values in the ACL Permission Restriction and Visible Metaforms selector lists to to display values non-alphabetized.
- Resolved an issue with some IdP solutions that prevented users from logging in after a period of inactivity during non-expiring sessions.
- Resolved an issue that caused Solr databases to be incorrectly regenerated after a configuration migration from a 8.x configuration.
- Resolved an issue that prevented the ability to upload large videos to Twitter.
- Improved the stability of MediaBeacon when making multiple large exports of metrics data.
- Resolved an issue that caused images converted from TIFF to TGA to become inverted.
- Resolved the issue where checking a "Hidden" checkbox in the properties of a group would fail to report in the Admin Core's History log.
- Resolved an issue that displayed an error instead of the "Link Expired" page when External Links had been downloaded the maximum number of times.
- Resolved an issue that prevented showing the asset preview of an uploaded asset without refreshing the Adobe Connector's search.
- Resolved an issue that prevented checkbox fields from being marked in red if they fail validation upon metaform submission.
- Changed "Close" button in the session timeout dialog to "Reload".
- Resolved an issue in the Import Wizard that allowed iterated placeholder files to be created when an import source specifies an asset name that already exists. Any files that would be created with duplicate names will now be skipped.
- Updated core ImageMagick version to improve the ability to process some older Photoshop files.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the speech to text function to duplicate text translations.
- Resolved an issue that made URL type fields difficult to edit. Now users can double click to edit.
- Resolved an issue that displayed image editor buttons on XMP assets.
- Resolved an issue that caused metadata with emojis to be written incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue that caused "partial" searches to return incorrect results for hierarchical metadata.
- Resolved an issue with the Package Manager that previously could potentially damage asset versions and customer-created workflows.
- Resolved an issue with a nonfunctional API call to delete a selection.
- Resolved an issue that previously could cause view components to be set to "toggleable" in the Layout Zone, which caused a large gap at the top of a workspace.
- Resolved an issue that previously could cause FFMPEG video transcoding to occur in the incorrect aspect ratio.
- Resolved a styling issue that caused the Import interface to be hard to read in Dark mode.
- Resolved an issue that prevented Bulk Select from operating properly on some hierarchical data.
- Resolved an issue that could cause downloads initiated via REST API calls to fail in environments using S3 storage.
- Resolved an issue that could occur on environments with S3 storage that caused an erroneous directory to be included in compressed ZIP folder structures.
- Resolved issue with the Microsoft Office Connector working with Office 365.
- The Replace function was removed as a user-facing function. It is still supported by the Workflow API.
Adobe Connector - New Features
- Added a new option, "Auto Update Links", that will automatically update asset links via the Adobe Connector.
- Implemented ability for a MediaBeacon instance to override translations from the Adobe Connector.
- Added the ability to filter saved searches using Quick Search in the Adobe Connector.
Adobe Connector - Enhancements
- Added a Document Report Links panel to the Adobe Connector UI , replacing the modal dialog.
- Simplified action buttons in the Adobe Connector UI, as shown in the new Document Actions menu that can be accessed by clicking on the vertical ellipses (⋮) icon.
- Added the ability to view PDF files in the Adobe Connector UI asset browser while using Adobe Illustrator.
- Added a tooltip to the Adobe Connector that shows the full filename of the asset that the cursor is hovered over.
- Updated asset-placing UI in the Adobe Connector so that multiple assets can be selected with a shift-click and all the selected assets can be placed via drag-and-drop from the asset browser.
- Added support so that the Adobe Connector can authenticate against a MediaBeacon server using ADFS for SSO.
- Improved styling of saved searches and saved selections.
- Improved styling of the language selector. This now shown in the user menu once the user is authenticated.
- Added functionality to Adobe Connector so that the progress bar shows the overall progress of all links to be updated, instead of the progress of each link as it is updated.
Adobe Connector - Fixes
- Resolved an issue in the Adobe Connector that could cause an open, just-uploaded document to erroneously report an update.
- Resolved an issue that could cause an error when selecting a non-enabled ACL in the Adobe Connector.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the Adobe Connector to fail to locate linked assets if those assets were moved within MediaBeacon.
- Resolved an issue that caused a linked image in an Adobe InDesign file to fail to upload if other linked images were missing.
- Resolved an issue that prevented a PDF Proof upload in the Adobe Connector.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent full-resolution downloads in Photoshop.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent scrolling in the asset browser.