Version: 2019.0 b27895 and later.
When installing MediaBeacon, an "Installer Information" dialog is displayed with this text:
"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
In builds including and later than 2019.0 b27895 the JNIWrapper library was updated. On systems which have hosted a Tomcat Webhead, some manual steps are required to remove the old version before upgrading MediaBeacon software. If this is not done, the installer will fail with the above message.
This issue will only affect servers that share a Core and Webhead installation.
- Shut down all MediaBeacon services/components.
- Uninstall MediaBeacon Core via the control panel.
- Remove the following files from the JRE’s library extensions directory:
- Remove the following files from the Tomcat ‘bin’ folder:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\bin
- Install MediaBeacon.
- Complete steps 2 through 4 in the Webhead Installation Guide, to reinstall the above files.
- Install the matching version of the Tomcat Webapp.