Version: 2018.x & 2019.x
A user may need to search for assets in particular "states", such as being checked out. This article lists several states and how to build searches to find them.
Status Searching with Advanced Search
- In order to configure these searches, a Global Administrator will need to have listed fields' metaform(s) in their ACL's "Visible Metaforms" field, ideally in a "Global Administrator" group/ACL.
- In some of the below cases, a search may not be built or edited unless there is an extant asset that has the given status being referenced. For example, the fields used for checked out assets cannot be entered in Advanced Search until such as asset exists.
Checked Out Assets
- Assets that have been checked out by any user
- Criteria Conjunction: [OR]
- [Checkout Status (MediaBeacon Default)] [is not null]
- [Checkout User (MediaBeacon Default)] [is not null]
- Assets that have been checked out by the current user
- [Checkout User (MediaBeacon Default)] [is] [$username]
- Assets that were uploaded by the current user
- [Upload User (MediaBeacon Default)] [contains] [$username]
- Assets that have a version
- [Version Number (MediaBeacon Default)] [is not null]
- Assets that do not have a version
- [Version Number (MediaBeacon Default)] [is null]
Display Contents of Multiple Folders
This technique makes use of searches saved via the Search Status component (Status Panel Saved Searches)
- Any asset in either of two folders
- Criteria conjunction: [OR]
- [directory (Database)] [is] [Folder A]
- [directory (Database)] [is] [Folder B]
Duplicate Review Workspace
As an example of how MediaBeacon can be used to filter for duplicates, below is a workspace setup with Search Filter fields relevant to that task.
- View Hash Code (MediaBeacon Default)
- Every entry here is a unique code generated by analyzing the pixels of the asset preview of an asset. If an entry shows multiple counts, this represents duplicates found.
- File Name (Database)
- Selecting a value with count greater than 1 here will show assets whose filenames match.
- Long Name (Database)
- In this context, this field is most useful for displaying the set of directories within which similar assets are found.
- File Format (MediaBeacon Default)
- Useful for determining difference of format in similar assets.
- File Size (Database)
- Useful for determining difference of file size in similar assets.
Note: It may be useful create a metaform that contains these fields and add it to your administrative ACL's list of Visible Workspaces, in order to facilitate creation of this Search Filter configuration.
When a hash code is selected,
Find Similar Assets
Although less precise than hash code data, another method for finding assets with similar color distribution is the "Find Similar Assets" function. This may be accessed in the General tab of the Asset View.
The Find Similar Asset button in the General tab.
Results when used, filtering for assets with similar colors.