MB Build / Version: 8.4 25404
Deploying via license re-activation may change certain properties within MediaBeacon. This may cause trouble for highly customized environments. In order to avoid/minimize this, one can follow the below steps.
- From the mediabeacon/packages/installed/ folder locate the aspera.zip file
- Move the aspera.zip folder to the mediabeacon/packages/uninstall/ folder.
- Wait a few min while the system processes, it will detect the file in the uninstall folder and kick off removing all its associated files
- Once that is completed the aspera.zip folder should be in the mediabeacon/packages/uninstall/uninstalled folder
- Move the aspera.zip file to the mediabeacon/packages/ folder (just the base packages folder, not installed or anything), or place a new .zip to be deployed (if a new version was sent via help system for example)
- Again wait a few min and MediaBeacon will identify the file and process it, the zip will be moved to the /installed/ folder