How to migrate existing MediaBeacon configuration from one environment to another.
- Shutdown MediaBeacon and all related services (Filesystem Events, Preview Nodes, Portals, R3search Instances, etc.)
- Replace all of the m-folders (m-userinfo, m-source, m-loadingdock, m-archive-userinfo) with the set you would like to use as a configuration basis.
- Use the "touch" command all the XML files and the Synonyms.txt file immediately inside of the ‘m-userinfo’ folder (ex. with ‘touch.exe’ from the unxutils project on https://sourceforge.net/) to update all the modification times.
- Migrate the m-userinfo folder, but do not include the following files and folders because they are asset/environment specific:
MediaBeacon_whitelist.xml MediaBeacon_sequence.xml MediaBeacon_scratch_basket.xml MediaBeacon_secret_key.xml MediaBeacon_selection_item.xml MediaBeacon_selection_info.xml MediaBeacon_selection_portals.xml MediaBeacon_contact_sheets.xml MediaBeacon_aprproval_folders.xml MediaBeacon_checkout.xml MediaBeacon_asset_feed_item.xml MediaBeacon_asset_feed.xml MediaBeacon_approval.xml MediaBeacon_rss.xml m-installers/ m-metrics/ m-uid/
- Directories paths used as ACL root paths in the migrated configuration must exist in the target Shared Files Directory filesystem. These may be empty, but must exist.
- Launch the MediaBeacon Core.
- Ensure the Filesystem Events is enabled ONLY if this was the pre-migration state.
- Verify that all of the users, groups, workspaces, etc. are as expected.
- Launch the portals (webheads) and other remote services.