How to migrate existing MediaBeacon configuration from one environment to another.
- Shutdown MediaBeacon and all related services (FS Events, Preview Nodes, Portals, R3Search Instances, etc.)
- Migrate the
m-userinfofolder, but do not include the following files and folders because they are asset/environment specific:
- Replace all of the m-folders (
m-archive-userinfo) with the set you would like to use as a configuration basis.
- Touch all the XML files and the Synonyms.txt file immediately inside of the
m-userinfofolder (ex. with
touch.exefrom the unxutils project on https://sourceforge.net/) to update all the mod times.
- Launch the MediaBeacon Core and other remote services.
- Verify that all of the users, groups, Workspaces, etc. came in as expected.