MB Build / Version: 8.3, 8.4
The Video Play widget has issues in 8.3, so to fulfill the function of playing a video in a workspace (not in a View Widget), we can use an HTML widget to do the same.
- Add a HTML widget to the workspace.
- Edit Widget Options
- Turn off iframe mode, at the bottom of window.
- Make sure html area is in "Advanced" mode (the view with fewer buttons at top)
- Paste the following into the HTML area
<video width="100%" height="auto" autoplay controls loop> <source src="../servlet/dload/RB%5fnew%5fcollection%5f16%5fsocial%2emp4;jsessionid=1dwitj800lez3hnpsa78j44ey?id=200326169&path=pe_4b4f204153534554532f52425f6e65775f636f6c6c656374696f6e5f31365f736f6369616c2e6d7034&mime=video%2fmp4&play=t" type="video/mp4"> </video>
- You will need to replace the bold portion with the html for the appropriate video
- Find the video you want to feature and enter asset view,
- play the video
- Pause the video
- Inspect (Dev Tools) the video
- See Fig 1 & 2
- Copy the
srcvalue, paste into the
srcin the above block
- Watch out you have no curly quotes in your HTML.
A video widget that will fill the available space. If you want to have the video limited by a given width, change the width="100%"to the appropriate width.