This document describes the steps of how to bulk upload assets to a SaaS MediaBeacon instance over a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) connection. This article assumes that:
- An IP address and login credentials have already been acquired by the reader.
- After the upload has been completed, MediaBeacon or other IT resources will perform the ingestion process.
- Download and install a FTP program
- WinSCP is recommended - https://winscp.net/eng/download.php
- Open WinSCP and click on the 'New Session' tab at the top of the screen.
- Enter the IP address (Host name) and login credentials in the relevant fields. Make sure the File Protocol is 'SFTP' and Port Number is
- Click Save.
- Select the site that was just created from the list on the left and click Login to connect.
- From the main window, assets can be uploaded in the following ways:
- Drag and drop from a file explorer window into the right-hand pane (displaying the root folder of the SFTP directory).
- Navigate to the desired directory in the left-hand pane by using the dropdown menu under the tabs, selecting the desired files, and then clicking 'Upload'.
- Once the file upload has completed, coordinate with your MediaBeacon contact to complete the ingestion.