When viewing and editing Advanced Workflows, or Custom Themes using the MediaBeacon code editor, erroneous "Ȃ" characters are displayed. These are not present in the text, but display due to an encoding error in the Tomcat service.
These characters do not affect integrity of data, but it does make reading and editing code difficult.
- Go to the Windows Services console and open the properties of the "Apache Tomcat" service.
- Under the Java tab insert the following into the list in the Java Options tab:
- Click "Apply" and restart the Webhead
- Under the General tab, click the Stop button
- Wait for the service to stop
- Click the Start button