Asset View is not a widget unto itself, but a dialog that shows a larger preview of the asset and more detailed metadata. It can be accessed by double-clicking an asset thumbnail, or pressing space after selecting an asset in the View widget.
This gives you a great view of the asset.
These allow the user to cycle through the assets shown in the view widget, without having to leave the Asset View Dialog or the current tab being displayed.
The buttons on the right side of the dialog are useful for interacting with the asset in a meaningful way.
- Close button: in the top right corner closes Asset View.
- For information about the Quick Download, Add To Cart, and Share External Link buttons, see their corresponding sections in this manual.
- Metadata Button: Clicking this button reveals editable metadata tabs in the Metadata Pop-out Panel.
Metadata Pop-out Panel Main Features
This area shows tabs for all the schemas contained in the asset, as well as special tabs with unique functionality aside from M3TAForm editing. Clicking on a tab will expand its corresponding panel. The M3TAForm can be edited in this view if the user has permission.
Asset Preview Scale Handle
The double vertical bars between the asset preview and the tabs can be dragged to scale the asset preview.
Dragging the Asset Preview Scale Handle all the way to the left will place the General tab's panel under the image.
These panels show a list of an individual schema's fields and the metadata which populates each field.
Each M3TAForm panel has a tab that contains the name of the schema and a toggle to hide or show the full panel.
A user may enter metadata by clicking on a field and save the changes or cancel by clicking the corresponding cancel or save buttons.
Adding Tabs in Asset View
Additional tabs can be added to the asset by clicking the "+" tab and specifying what to add in the pulldown combo box.
Removing Tabs in Asset View
To remove a tab from the view, right-click the tab in the sidebar and choose "Remove Tab".
Quick Tip: Text Highlight Tiles
These tiles are used to display comma-separated values such as Keywords. Each term may be removed individually by clicking the tile’s “x” button. The user may add to a such a list values by entering terms, and typing a comma in between each string. The tiles will dynamically appear as such terms are entered. Click a term to perform a search, or double-click to edit.
Multiple Page Assets
An asset that is composed of multiple pages, such as PDF files, will have each of its pages displayed below the asset preview as shown below. Formerly accessed from View Pages.
Clicking a page thumbnail below the asset preview will preview that page. Additionally, the corners and edges of the asset preview can be clicked to navigate to other pages.
Clicking the "General" tab shows a panel with general information about the asset.
The Versions panel displays other MediaBeacon assets that are versions of the currently selected asset. This panel is available within the M3TAForm widget as well as Asset View.
Versions of an asset are displayed in two separate M3TAForm panels, "Managed Versions" and "Automatic Versions".
"Automatic Versions" tracks Parent, Child, and Peer relationships, which are based on information in the Adobe Media Management XMP schema. This schema is identified by the URI "http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/mm/" and is automatically populated by the Adobe Creative Suite and other applications.
Clicking "Select All Versions" will pop open a new window with all versions selected in the View widget.
Video Summary Panel
Formerly accessed from the "Show Video Frames" badge dialog.
The Video Summary panel can be found in the Asset View dialog and displays previews of the video frames. The interval between frames is specified in the MediaBeacon server application.
Used to navigate the video's frames.
Used with videos that have text tracks to search for frames with the input text.
Update Preview Button:
Hovering the mouse over one of the video's keyframes will display the Update Preview Button. Clicking this button will cause its corresponding keyframe to be used as the video asset's thumbnail.
Video Transcodes Panel
The Video Transcodes panel contains all converted formats of the given asset. Clicking any conversion format in the window will perform a Quick Download for that version of the file.
- Asset ID
- Star Rating: This series of stars allows users to rate images and see the combined average of every user who has rated an asset.
- Asset File Size: Asset Size on Disk.
- Find Like Assets: This button will search for assets with similar colors.
- Path: Asset path on disk. Directories can be clicked to navigate to them.
- Keywords are displayed by default but this can be configured by an administrator in the M3TAForm section of the Manage Workspace configuration panel.
- Parent/Child: This tracks assets that are generated by other assets. For example, if InDesign document "A" creates PDF "B", then "B" will show as a child of "A". Similarly, "A" will show as a parent of "B". These relationships are stored in the "http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/mm/ derivedFrom" field.
- Placed images will be recognized even if you don't upload the images alongside or before an Adobe InDesign or Adobe Illustrator file.
- Peer: Peers are copies of the selected asset. For the purpose of this panel, assets that have the same value for the "http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/mm/ DocumentID" field are listed as peers.