This dialog allows the user to configure dictionaries:
The left hand subpanel lists the currently-configured dictionaries. When one is selected, the contents of the dictionary is displayed in the right-hand Words Subpanel.
At the bottom of the Dictionaries List is a list of buttons: Create New Dictionary, Delete Dictionary, Edit Dictionary, and Download Dictionary.
Create New Dictionary
This button brings up the Create New Dictionary dialog. A dictionary may be created from a template; either the standard WordNet Database or blank. The user may also upload a dictionary.
An example of the dictionary format may be downloaded by clicking "Example".
This button deletes the currently-selected dictionary.
Edit DictionaryDownload Dictionary
This button downloads the currently-selected dictionary.
When a dictionary is selected, the Words Subpanel area will show all terms in the dictionary.
This is a spreadsheet-like grid that allows the user to edit words and their Synonyms and Thesaurus fields, and to delete words. They list of words can be paged through, using controls at the bottom of the list.
The user can quickly find a word in the dictionary by entering text in this field, to filter results.
An icon may be assigned to a given term. When set, this icon is shown next to the term in the Taxonomy Browse widget, and in the Word List.
This is the entry for the main term.
Synonyms will automatically be searched whenever a user searches for the main term. If the main term is "dog" with synonym "canine," then all searches for "dog" will also return assets that have been tagged with "canine."
Note: Synonyms are not bidirectional by default—searching for "canine" in this scenario will not return assets tagged with "dog." For that use case, an administrator would have turn on the "Bidirectional Searching" option in Quick Search configuration.
Terms entered in this box are available as search items via the blue arrow next to the Quick Search field after a search has been performed.
Edit Dictionary Dialog
- Dictionary Information: Name and Description of a dictionary may be edited here. The Delete Dictionary and Download Dictionary buttons are also presented here.
- Upload Dictionary: Uploading a dictionary will replace the contents of the current dictionary.
- Synchronize Dictionary to Field: This option allows the user to search assets that are tagged with a given metadata field, but whose values differ from the dictionary. Essentially, it uses the asset to update or populate a dictionary.
- “Automatically synchronize the following metadata field with the dictionary”: This setting allows the user to continuously synchronize the current dictionary with new values being entered in the chosen field, on any asset.
- “Perform a one-time import of the following metadata field into the dictionary”: This option allows the same synchronizing functionality, but it occurs once, taking a snapshot of the current state of the values. The user chooses a field, and clicks the “Import” button to the right of the field name to begin the process.