These are the instructions on how to set up a remote MediaBeacon. This Attachment is only relevant to MediaBeacon Enterprise Pro installations.
Setting up MediaBeacon R3volution
- Make sure the running version of MediaBeacon has an Enterprise license (Enterprise tab available in the MediaBeacon R3volution Administration Console)
- Click “Change Remote Password” and then enter a new password to use for external applications.
- Next, click Applications. This is a whitelist of external applications that are allowed to connect to the main MediaBeacon server.
- Click Add and manually enter its IP address. Alternatively, click Discover External Applications. This will open a temporary two minute window during which remote applications are allowed to connect to MediaBeacon, which will automatically add them to the whitelist. Click OK.
- The external application is now allowed to connect to the main MediaBeacon server.
- Click Apply and restart MediaBeacon.
Setting up Remote MediaBeacon
- Get the war file for your portal (for this document, we’ll refer to this as ‘r2.war’).
- Set the port you would like MediaBeacon to use for external applications (in the “Port:” field in the “External SOA applications” area on the Enterprise tab of the MediaBeacon R3volution Administration Console).
- Deploy the r2.war file in your JSP server (copy to ‘webapps’ in Tomcat 5.5 installation, for instance).
- Start the JSP service hosting r2.war.
- Open any web browser and go to the IP of the web service you are using to host r2.war and add /r2 after the IP. So, if you are using tomcat as your hosting web service and the IP is 192.168.1.40 go to http://192.168.1.40:8080/r2
- Here you will see a configuration screen. For HOST enter the IP of the MediaBeacon that you want the remote MediaBeacon to connect to. For PORT enter the port number of the MediaBeacon port that is hosting external applications. For Password enter the password that is set for External SOA applications.
- Press OK.
- If the information is incorrect you will be notified with an error. If the information is correct you will be notified with “Application is successfully configured.”