This section covers functions that involve downloading files from MediaBeacon.
An asset selection may be downloaded in a variety of ways:
- Quick Download in the contextual menu: The most common form of download, also referred to as a direct download. Downloads the original of a single asset See the [Quick Download] section for more information.
- Download in the contextual menu and/or the Selection submenu in the contextual menu: The most flexible form of download.
- Acts upon single or multiple assets
- May download assets in original format, use conversion presets, or custom conversions
- May immediately download assets or hold them in the Available Conversions area.
- See the [Download Conversions] section for function information.
- Asset Menu, displayed when the cursor hovers over an asset: Depending upon configuration, this menu may allow Quick Download or allow the user to select a conversion preset.
- Check Out in the contextual menu. See the [Check Out] section for function information.
- Crop in the contextual menu. See the [Crop] section for function information.
When an asset is downloaded, any XMP metadata present in the asset is included at the time of download.
- [Aspera] functionality
- [Rights Management] functionality