This menu is accessed by right-clicking an asset in a view component, or on the asset preview in the asset view.
Contextual Menu Selection States
View component contextual menu commands act upon the asset that was right-clicked upon only, unless the command resides under the "Selection" submenu. In this case, the command will be performed on all the assets in the selection.
Note: This excludes the commands: Selection > "Select All" and Selection > "Load", see description below.
There are two states that the contextual menu may be in, opened without an asset selection, and with asset selection.
Contextual menu with no selection
Contextual menu with a selection
Contextual Menu Commands
The commands in this menu only act upon the asset clicked, with the exception of the "Selection" submenu. Commands there act upon all assets in the selection.
- Open in new window: This command opens the current workspace in a new browser window, with search criteria set to the clicked asset's ID (see [Asset ID] for more information), automatically opening the asset view.
- Copy link: This copies an URL to the clicked asset. When followed, this link opens a browser window in the same way "Open in new window" does. Note that a user must be logged in and have access to the asset in order to view it.
- Quick download: This command will download the clicked asset to the user's computer, in the original format, with all XMP metadata.
- Download: This command allows the user to download the clicked asset with a choice of conversions into other formats. These may be presets or custom, depending upon instance configuration. See the [Download Conversions] section for more information.
- Selection: This is a submenu, discussed below.
- Add to cart: This will add the clicked asset to the cart, See [Cart] for more information.
- Pinpoint Text: Displayed only when when search criteria are present, this command shows text excerpts the indicate the metadata found my the current search criteria.
- View original: This command acts differently upon assets depending on their format. When the asset can be displayed in a browser natively (such as JPG, PNG, and GIF), the asset will be opened in a new browser window. When the asset is of a non-natively displayable format, it will be Quick Downloaded.
- Replace: This function allows a user to replace an asset's content, while retaining its metadata. The Replace Asset dialog will be shown, with an option to keep or replace the asset's name. See the [Replace] section for more information.
- Crop: This command allows the user to choose to crop an image, and then download conversion. The Crop dialog allows users to drag out a crop area, either unconstrained or set to a choice of aspect ratios.
- History: This command allows the user to view the raw log of actions that have occurred in the system. The History dialog's contents may be filter on a number of criteria; actions to a given asset, done by a specific user or group, actions in a date range, and by type of action. The displayed information may also exported to a CSV file. Note: This function is not typically available to end users.
- Check out, Check in, and Cancel check out: See the [Check Out] section for more information on this function.
- New version: See the [Version] section for more information in this function.
- Views: This command allows users to replace the preview of an asset. This does not affect the downloaded asset's contents. Typically, this would be done when an image's rotation was incorrect, or if the asset was of an non-previewable file type. The Modify Asset Views dialog allows rotation change, and to attach a JPG file of no larger than 1920x1920 as a alternate preview. See the [Asset Views] section for more information.
The commands here act upon all assets in the selection. It also has the same list of commands in the
- Bulk edit: This command allows the user to make metadata changes to an asset selection. See the [Bulk Edit] section for more information.
- Download: This command downloads as described above, but acts upon the entire asset selection.
- Move/Copy: As above, applying to the entire asset selection.
- Delete: Permanently deletes the entire asset selection.
- Import: Regenerates previews. See the [Import Command] section for more information. Note: This function is not typically available to end users.
- Link assets: This command creates an asset link in all the assets of a selection. See the [Asset Links] section for more information.
- Email: This command opens the Email dialog, allowing users to email a set of assets to a list of recipients. The body of the email is automatically prefilled with a list of the asset selection's URLs. See the [Asset Views] section for more information.
- Select all: This command selects all assets in the current view.
- Load: This command displays the Load Saved Selection dialog, allowing the user to load a previously saved selection.
- Remove: Displayed only when a user is viewing a saved selection, this command will remove the
- Add: This command displays the Load Saved Selection dialog, allowing the user to choose a previously saved selection to which to add the current selection.
- Add to cart: Adds the asset selection to the Cart.
- Remove From Cart: Displayed only when a user is viewing the Cart contents, it removes a asset selection from the Cart.
- Lightbox: This command displays the asset selection in the Lightbox. For more information, see the [Lightbox] section.