MediaBeacon's workspaces and components can be configured by Global Administrators in three ways, Admin Mode, Admin-Only menu commands, and Option & Configuration dialogs. The first two are discussed below, while dialogs are covered in context throughout Workspace Configuration subsections.
Go to: Subsection Articles
A key concept in MediaBeacon configuration is "admin mode". In this state, the UI is displayed with additional elements allowing access to a variety of different configuration interfaces.
Admin mode is enabled by either a contextual menu command, or a keyboard shortcut:
- Selecting the "Admin Mode" command in the workspace contextual menu.
- macOS: Command-Shift-A
- Windows: Control-Shift-A
While in Admin mode, the UI displays several configuration elements:
- Workspace Tabs (blue)
- Layout Zones (purple)
- Components (pink)
- View component filter header configuration
- Metaform Stamp component configuration
- Gear Icons, indicating
- Workspace Tab Menus
- Layout Zone Configuration Panels
- Component Configuration Panels
Admin-Only Menu Commands
These commands are always visible to Global Administrator-level users.
- Menu Bar > Create > Workspace: Opens the "Add Workspace" dialog.
- Menu Bar > Manage:
- Workspace: Opens the "Manage Workspace" dialog.
- History: Opens the "History" dialog.
- Use of this command is granted to non-admin users when the "View Global Asset Log" permission restriction is not set in user's current ACL.
- Dictionaries: Opens the "Dictionary" dialog.
- Use of this command is granted to non-admin users when the "Administer Dictionaries" permission restriction is not set in user's current ACL.
- External Plugins: Opens the "External Plugins" dialog.
- Use of this command is granted to all users if the installation's License permits use of the Connectors.
- Workflow: Opens the "Workflow Manager" dialog.
- R3Search: Opens the "R3Search" dialog.
- System Status: Opens the "System Status" dialog.
- System: Redirects the user to the "Admin Core" interface.
- Note: This interface can be opened as a separate tab.
- Contextual Menu and Asset Menu, when used on a .mbwidget or .xmpper asset
- "Load Component"
- "Load Workspace"