The Admin Core is only accessible to Global Administrator-level users. Once such a user is logged in, they can access the admin core via the Menubar > Manage > System command.
The interface of the Admin Core is much the same as the WebUI, but tailored to a subset of functions: creating assets, editing metadata, Quick Search, search filtering and the List view. The following are interface elements shared across all workspaces of the Admin Core.
Many of the menus here have reduced and contextual functionality compared to the normal WebUI.
- "Left Arrow" Icon: Returns to the user to the WebUI.
- MediaBeacon Logo: Clears all search criteria
- Navigate: Changes to any of the 5 preset workspaces in the Admin Core.
- Create: This menu houses commands to create configuration assets of the type shown the current workspace. When used, this will display the appropriate Create dialog to make the current workspace's type of configuration asset.
- Duplicate: Duplicates a configuration asset, only works with user account assets.
- Delete: Standard functionality.
Deleting any configuration asset is permanent. Use caution in deleting configuration assets as they are often highly interconnected.
- Bulk Edit: Allows metadata changes to be made to multiple configuration assets at once.
- [image: ac-bulkedit]
- "Required" Fields: When using Bulk Edit in the Admin Core, some fields may say "Required" but this is ignored by the Bulk Edit function.
- Fields: "Schema" and "Internal Name" should never be edited with Bulk Edit.
- Make Stamp: This function does not make a stamp in the Admin Core.
- Data Blocks: Several configuration assets make use of the Data Block metadata structure, which has limited ability to be used with Bulk Edit. Specifically, Entire data blocks (and constituent field values) can be added to multiple assets, but constituant fields can't be subsequently edited with Bulk Edit. Only whole data blocks can be added or removed. Examples of these structures:
- Groups: Each ACL is a data block.
- Metaforms: Each Field is a data block.
- Loading Dock Types: Platform Properties, Image Formats Properties, Rotate Properties, Scale Properties, Resolution Properties, Intent Properties, Source Colorspace Properties, Conversions Properties, Video Formats Properties, and Script Options Properties are all data blocks.
- Select All: Standard functionality.
- Manage: Usually only shows the System Status command, usually only needed to display the logs for the Admin Core itself.
- In the User workspace, also shows the Invitations command.
- Username: Name of the current user.
- Help Icon: Redirects the user to MediaBeacon University, MediaBeacon's online documentation.
- Quick Search / Search Status components: Functions as normal, but advanced search is disabled.
Search, Filter and View Assets
On each workspace, the view of configuration assets is restricted to just those pertaining to that workspace. Users can further search for configuration assets using Quick Search, and/or the search filter.
The List view on the right, displays results of search and filter functions. The total number of results is displayed on the right side of the search status.
Filters at the top of the List view may be used to further filter or sort results.
See the [Quick Search], [Search Status], [Search Filter, [List View] and [Filter Headers] sections for more information on these functions.
Create and Edit Dialogs
The Admin Core does not use the [Asset View] as the WebUI does, instead each workspace will display a dialog tailored to the creation and editing of that type of configuration asset.
These dialogs are unlike regular metaforms in that they have some dynamic fields, that is, some options may reveal other configuration fields.
Also, saving behavior is different. All changes must be saved using the lower right-hand button (the label changes, Create/Update [Asset Type]). If the user clicks outside of the dialog itself, the gray surrounding area, the dialog will close without saving changes.