Follow these steps for all workflows
- Launch the Vantage Workflow Designer
- Login using administrator ( no password - if prompted)
- Go to File-> Create new Workflow (name it as described below)
- In the Workflow Design section, expand "Common" and select Receive and drag it down into the space below to create a new Receive action
- Right click on this new action and select Configure. Choose Original as an expected nickname and save the workflow.
Follow Generic Steps 1 to 5 and in step 3, name this workflow with the keyword keyframes present in the name.
- Expand Transcode and choose Flip and drag it down into the workflow editing area
- Connect the Receive Action to the Flip action as shown in the image in Figure 2.
Figure 1 - Workflow Design for KeyFrames workflow
- After connecting the two actions, right click on the Flip Action and choose Configure. Check Figure 3a.
- In the Encoder drop-down, choose Keyframes
- Input media file nickname - Original/user choice
- Output media file nickname - user choice
Figure 3a - Flip configuration for keyframe workflow - Encoder and Output path
Figure 3b - Flip configuration for keyframe workflow - Variable binding
- Output location - Select the "..." button to bind a variable to the output path.
- In the Select Variable popup - Create a new variable using the "Create New Variable" button at the bottom left and call it OutputFilePath (or a similar name). Ensure the variable has the word "output" in it.
- Specify the value type as Path and select OK to bind the path variable.
- Next, select JPEG codec in the Flip Configuration window as shown in Figure 3b and specify the Capture mode as Repeating Keyframes
- In the Capture Interval, Bind a variable again - call it Keyframe Interval (or a similar name) and set its Value Type as TimeCode and select OK.
- In the General section, bind variables for Frame Height and Frame width (these will be specified from MB GUI). Create two new variables for this with Integer value type. Give them meaningful names (eg: - Frame Width, Frame Height, etc)
- Now Save the configuration option.
- Right click on the workflow on the left side panel of the Workflow Designer and choose the Details Panel and write the description for it. Click Apply when done.
- Right click on the Workflow again and choose Activate to activate the workflow (a successful activation of the workflow will result in a green arrow near the workflow name in the left panel).
Follow Generic Steps 1 to 5 and in step 3, name this workflow with the keyword texttracks in the name.
- Expand Analysis, Transport and Common and choose Examine, Deploy and Delete actions (respectively) and drag them down one at a time into the workflow editing area
- Connect the actions together as shown in the image in Figure 4.
- Configuring the Examine action is shown in Figure 4.a
- Configure the Deploy action as shown in Figures 4b and 4c. Make sure to choose "Overwrite" for conflict resolution at the end of the configuration.
- Configure the Delete action as shown in Figure 4d. Make sure to choose the "XML file" and not the "Original" file for deletion
- Save the workflow, set the description and activate it.
Figure 4 - Textracks workflow
Figure 4.a - Configuration for Examine Action
Figure 4b - Deploy configuration
Figure 4c - Deploy output variable binding.
Figure 4d - Delete action configuration.
Follow Generic Steps 1 to 5 and in step 3, name this workflow with the keyword metadata in the name)
- Open the Vantage Management Console - Login as administrator (no password)
- Under Workflow Design Items, choose Metadata Labels and Add a new Metadata label - name it MB Metadata Labels
- In the Design section, Add 3 parameters MovieDuration (TimeCode value type) , MovieWidth and MovieHeight (both Integer value types). The names of these parameters must match the element names within the style-sheet (media_beacon.xsl) provided in the Vantage-5 directory.
- Save this Metadata label. Check Figure 5.a for visual confirmation of Steps 1 to 4.
- Go to the Style-sheets under Workflow Design Items and upload the style-sheet present in the Vantage-4 directory (Choose Add new style sheet to do this). Write a description and name for it and save it. (No need to click Test).
Figure 5.a - Vantage Management Console - Setting up Metadata labels
- Return to the Workflow Designer and drop down Identify (Analysis), Populate (Metadata), Transform (Metadata) and Deploy (Transport) actions and connect them as shown in Figure 5.b
- Identify needs to be configured as shown in Figure 5.c with Identifier - Media Properties and three variables generated for Movie Duration, Video Width and Video Height.
Figure 5.b - Workflow Design for metadata workflow
Figure 5.c - Configuring Identify variables
- To configure the Populate action, choose "Label from Variables" and then in the next screen choose the newly created metadata label through the Management Console and bind each of the variables with the corresponding variables generated from the Identify action
- To configure the Transform action, choose "Label to Attachment" on the configuration screen and click Next. On the next screen set it up as shown in Figure 5.d. The Style Sheet and the Input label should be the same as those that were created using the Vantage Management Console. If you did not create the stylesheet and the metadata label using the console, the drop down menus for the Transform configuration screen will be blank.
Figure 5.d - Configuring Transform action
- Select Next and then Finish.
- The Deploy action must be configured the same was as it was done for the texttracks workflow.
- Save the workflow. Set the description and activate it.
Transcoding/Cut Video workflows
Follow Generic Steps 1 to 5 and in step 3, name this workflow without using the keywords keyword, texttrack or metadata in the name
- Only two actions are needed - similar to the key-frame generation workflow - only a Receive and a Flip action are needed
- The Flip action will be configured as shown in Figure 6.a below. The only changes to be done for different workflows, is the type of Encoder being used.
- Specify the output location as the same location specified in the Move action previously. In addition, there is a Media Trim option to be enabled so that a cut-video action can be performed from Mediabeacon using the same encoder in Vantage.
- On selecting the Media Trim, user can set the start and end clipping times and bind them to appropriate variables. Create new variables as needed and name them as Clipping Start time, Clipping end time, etc.
- The final Flip configuration screen is seen in Figure
- Save the workflow.
- Right click on the workflow in the left panel and open the details panel, choose the extension of the output file as the description (without the "."). For example if the output of the transcoding will be .mov, set the description of the workflow as mov. To confirm the extension of the output, look at Figure 6.b to see where to find the extension information in the workflow user interface
- Apply the changes and activate the workflow (right click drop-down menu)
Figure 6.a - Flip configuration for video transcoding
Figure 6.b - Find extension of the output to be added at the Description in Details panel here