Quick Install: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
This chapter gives you step-by-step instructions for the installation and setup of MediaBeacon R3volution on Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012. 64-bit versions of the OS are recommended.
- Double-click the installer application.
- MediaBeacon Setup will first check that you have the prerequisite programs installed on your computer. If necessary, the appropriate programs will be installed. The most common requisite programs are the Java Runtime Environment, Ghostscript, and QuickTime.
After going through the necessary installations, click “Finish.”
- You will be taken to the “MediaBeacon Setup Wizard.” Click “Next” to continue.
- Read through the license agreement and click “I accept the terms in the License Agreement” to continue with the installation.
- Now you will select the Installation Folder. By default, a folder named “MediaBeacon” will be made in your Program Files directory on your Windows system volume. Once you’ve picked the folder to install MediaBeacon to, click “Next.”
- Click “Install” to install MediaBeacon.
- Click “Finish” to exit the MediaBeacon Setup Wizard.
- Double-click the desktop shortcut to start the software.
- MediaBeacon will display several additional screens on first run. These are described in Steps 4-11 of the Macintosh installation.